Saturday 5 June 2010

Arthur and the Extra Bulk

One RA sufferer recently asked me how she can lose weight even though she can't move much. Well first off, I've seen the pictures and she has NOTHING to worry about, she's gawjus. Secondly, if I knew the answer, I'd be 8 and a half stone and have the body of Jennifer Aniston. And the boyfriend would be fetching my size 6's out of the loft (that's a 2 to you, my American friends).


 

Unfortunately, as I've got older I've got fatter. I'm now a 10-12 (6-8 USA) and feel squidgy with it. I have to admit, I've never really struggled with my weight per se. When I was 17 I couldn't launch myself over 7.7stone. Then I met the boyfriend – Hello Curry! Bonjour pizza, Mc D's, KFC's and all the other fatty goodness's! Let's just call him my downfall!


 

Six years and two and a bit stone later I'm not exactly ready to sew my mouth shut and declare chocolate celibacy but I would be happy to ditch a few pounds. The way I see it, I have three options:

  1. Starve
  2. Chop my head off
  3. Cut back on takeaways

Now none of these are especially appealing to me, but I think I'll 'plump' for 3. ('Scuse the pun!)


 

So in answer to your question, I'll let you know when I figure it out!!!


 

Add me on facebook @

http://www.facebook.com/chick.inthecity


 

If you like my blog, like my page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Smart-Girls-Guide-to-Arthritis/121705987865651#!/pages/A-Smart-Girls-Guide-to-Arthritis/121705987865651

No comments:

Post a Comment